東京の探検 (Tokyo Adventures)

Konnichiwa from Tokyo! As you probably guessed, I am writing to you all from Japan. Last week, my mother and I had to fly out for a family commitment. We met with family, did our thing, and now have been playing tourist. My mother was born and raised in Tokyo, but so much has changed, and she is just as curious as I am!

When preparing for our trip, we expected typical Japanese summer weather --- sunny, brutally hot, and painfully humid. Much to our surprise, it has been miserable, cold, grey, and non-stop rain! Apparently Japan has entered into "tsuyu" or the rainy season, but my mom says that this rain is heavier than what you normally experience during tsuyu. Either way, rain or shine, that hasn't stopped us from exploring Tokyo.

Although our trip is brief, I thought I'd share a bit of it with you all! (A nice change from Manhattan, wouldn't you say?)

Please keep your eyes peeled! New Japan blog posts in the works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life