Our First Day in London

After enjoying a spot of afternoon tea at Browns, my parents and I tend to explore our neighborhood in London. I think this is the combination of jet lag and excitement --- but somehow, we always walk around after tea, it never fails. We have been staying in the Mayfair area for sometime now, and we know it pretty well --- still, there is always so much to see!
I was amused by this new restaurant outside out hotel
The fact that this sign says "rubbish" just screams BRITAIN! 
Our first stop was Savile Row. The numerous suit shops and tailors were closed, however, we still had a lot of fun window shopping and picking out outfits for my dad. Some were great, some were a little too creative. There was one suit made of pink crushed velvet and was matched with a yellow shirt --- who wears this?! I'd like to meet the man who does…very badly. 
Walking down Regent Street, my parents and I laughed when we saw these bobble heads. (The corgi's head moves and the Queen's hand moves.) I firmly believe that everyone should own these bobble heads. They're hilarious! 
Eros statue at Picadilly Circus

Despite our many visits to London, I was surprised to learn that my parents had never been to Chinatown! Compared to the Chinatown in Manhattan, London's Chinatown is TINY, but it is still fun to visit. I'd say you could walk the entirety of London's Chinatown in about 15 minute and it consists mostly of restaurants. My parents were surprised by how sparse it was, compared to Manhattan, but we still had a lot of fun. 
My dad and I both love peking duck
Watching a lady making dumplings

From Chinatown, we strolled through Leicester Square. Since it was Saturday night, it was packed like crazy, but we still had a lot of fun people watching. I was intrigued to find a large collection of luxury cars lined up and barricaded. I curiosity was piqued when I was that a couple of the cars were Aston Martins, my dream car. I made my way to the barrier and was delighted to learn that these are cars that have been featured in James Bond films! I'm a massive 007 fan, but that's a post for another day...
I do love 007's fancy cars

Our lovely stroll ended with a visit to Fortnum & Masons. I have probably been to this posh department store 100 times, but it still never gets old. So delightful, but so expensive! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life