Return to Tokyo Station

My mother and I are now in love with Tokyo Station. It is such a fascinating place and there is just so much to see! Although we had visited the train station a few days earlier, we were eager to return and do some more exploring. This time, we stayed underground, exploring a whole separate wing of the station’s subterranean network.
I cannot even begin to recount what we saw because we saw so so much! A huge variety of clothes, foods, novelties, history…I mean, in all seriousness, Tokyo Station is a city in it’s own right and has everything!
Some local history
Some very interesting clothing
Most delicious fruit candy I have every tasted!


My mother and I stumbled up something called “Ramen Street.” This is an entire corridor packed with ramen stands, most of which were PACKED. Looking at the lines and calculating how long people were waiting for food was shocking! I will say --- everything looked delicious. I really loved the fact that machines are used to take ramen orders. Gotta love the technology!
Ramen Street
I stumbled upon a couple of novelty stores that had me laughing. I didn’t realize that Pokemon and Tamagochi were still popular, but apparently they are! I was pleasantly surprised to see specialty stores and people dressed up as these fictional characters!
The highlight was definitely the afternoon snack of “Cream An Mitsu” --- a personal favorite dessert of mine. I was impressed and pleased by the generous serving of an mitsu. This dessert consisted of fruit, agar, vanilla ice cream, mochi, and red bean paste. YUM YUM YUM! I could easily eat this everyday! So yummy!

Before calling it a day, mom and I visited the local bookshop. While she searched for some new books, I perused the translated books section. I was amused to see so many of my favorite books translated in to Japanese!
(L-R): The Great Gatsby
A Selection of Shakespeare
Pride and Prejudice
Sherlock Holmes 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life