Survival Foods: Japanese Edition

Whilst my mother and I were shopping in Shinjuku, we visited one of our favorite stores: Tokyu Hands. This store has everything. Luggage to stationary to accessories to home goods to gardening to clothes…the list goes on. It's an amazing store (and it has many branches) and my family and I could easily spend hours here.

On this occasion, I found myself in the "survival" section. I have to say, I was intrigued. I couldn't get over the HUGE selection of dehydrated food. Vegetables, soups, rice, fruits, eggs…the selection goes on and on! I've been to Campmoor or Ramsey Outdoor, but I don't recall seeing a selection of "survival" camping foods quite like this!
A large selection of dehydrated foods
More dehydrated food

I also got a kick out of this instant coffee. In the video advertising this product, the camper is at the top of a snowy mountain. He uses the snow to make the coffee. I don't know why, but I just really liked this video. (I almost wanted to buy a couple for myself!) I now also feel the need to climb a snowy mountain, just so I can make coffee using this product. 
So simple!

As a self-confessed "choco-holic" I was also pleasantly amused to find this product: chocolate in a tube. Whoever thought of this survival product, clearly had ME in mind! 

My favorite product by far was CAKE IN A CAN. It's literally a slice of cake in a tin can. Brilliant. No camping trip or  is complete without dessert, so why not have cake in a can?! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life