Sunday Springtime Adventures

With the weather getting warmer, I've had the distinct pleasure of spending more time outside, enjoying the beauties of spring. This past Sunday, I had a lovely day filled with exploration. My boyfriend (R), his father, and I took the dogs (Kramer and Jake) to Riverside Park for a nice walk and lunch. R broke out his rollerblades and was skating way ahead of me and his dad. This was all fine and dandy, except Kramer kept running after him and since I was walking Kramer, this meant that I too was running after R. 
We casually strolled along the Hudson River, which was really beautiful. The scenery was splendid and the cool breezes coming off the water was refreshing. I absolutely loved it! We eventually arrived at the 72nd Street Boat Basin cafe, where the three of us had a very nice lunch and got to relax --- all whilst we basked in the glorious weather.
Unbelievably beautiful cherry blossoms

After spending time at the Park, we made our way home, stopping by a street fair taking place on Broadway, between 86th and 96th St. R and I had been saying that we wanted to visit a street fair, so this was brilliant serendipity. We casually strolled, taking in everything. The vendors, the people, the food… It was a lot of fun! 
A beautiful selection of spices
The street fair drew in a large crowd

As we walked, R and I lamented the fact that we had eaten lunch at the Park. Had we known about this street fair and all of the amazing food, we would've eaten here! Our olfactory sensors were overwhelmed with the smell of grilled meats, smoked turkey, and BBQ. Our mouths salivated at the sight of doughnuts, crepes, and much more! Since it was rather warm, we purchased some lemonade, which went down easily. Best decision ever. 
The biggest smoked turkey legs EVER
Sweets vendor
Cronuts --- R and I tasted some. Now I understand the cronut phenomenon. These things are amazing!
Cannoli truck

What a splendid Sunday afternoon! I got to enjoy the glorious warm weather, walk by the river, see some beautiful cherry blossoms, explore a street fair, and have a wonderful lunch. What could be better? Can't wait to see what next weekend brings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life