Maple Syrup and Bourbon Butternut Squash

I went to the super market over the weekend for some last minute shopping. As I was walking through the produce aisle, I was drawn to the butternut squash --- the quintessential fall ingredient. As I stared at the butternut squash, I began thinking about how I could cook it. Suddenly, it came to me: bourbon and maple syrup glaze. With that in mind, I grabbed the butternut squash and ran home.

This was another really simple and delicious recipe. Prepare the butternut squash, make the sauce, combine, and bake. That's it! This takes about 45 minutes total! Perfect fall side dish. 

Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 container butternut squash (approx 1/2 squash)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.

2. Prepare your butternut squash and cut into bite sized pieces. I used pre-cut butternut squash because I didn't have a lot of time and because it was easier.
3. Melt your butter. 
4. Mix the butter, bourbon, and maple syrup.
5. Pour the liquid mixture onto the butternut squash. Make sure you coat all of your squash!
6. Prepare a baking sheet and spray with PAM. 
7. Place your butternut squash on the baking sheet. Allow the squash to bake for about 30 minutes. Be sure to check on your squash occasionally so they don't burn.
8. Once your butternut squash is ready, remove from oven and prepare to serve! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life