With A Little Help From My Friends

April is a very special month for my friends. Amongst of my circle of college girlfriends, three of them have their birthday in the same week in April. Since college, we have been having weekend long celebrations and refer to this as "birthday weekend." Unfortunately, since college, we haven't been able to see each other as much as we'd like, so birthday weekend is something we look forward to. This year though, we were unable to celebrate as per usual. 

Due to conflicting schedules, it was rather difficult for us to get together this year. How sad! Still, a handful of us met, and we had lots of fun.

One of the birthday girls, "E", is currently studying in London. "R",  who works in Washington DC, is the second birthday girl and was due to partake in this get together, but did not appear. "S", our final birthday girl, invited us all to her home in NJ to celebrate. The get together was quite short, but still, we had a lot of fun!

I took the path train to S's home. It was a very pleasant and easy 45 minute journey. Once I arrived, S's mom picked me up from the train station. Once I arrived at S's house, the laughing and reminiscing began. I hadn't seen these girls since January, so there was a lot of catching up to do. Also, it was a relief for me to be with my friends --- to get away from the intensity of NYU and pre-med. To be with people who love and know me. To be with people who aren't related to science. It was awesome. 

Our first order of business: picking up the birthday cake! S ordered the most amazing red velvet cheesecake I have ever eaten. It was sweet, but not too sweet...but the richness....my god. I can't even begin to describe the richness. It was like heaven in my mouth!
birthday cake
nom nom nom

Birthday cake aside, this respite was just what I needed. I was starting to feel burned out, but being able to just hang out with my friends was the reenergizing that I needed! I know it's corny, but the Beatles song "With A Little Help My Friends" is so right on. What is it about girlfriends that can make you feel better? Thank goodness for my Brecon 3rd loves <333

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life