Jurassic Park --- AMAZING in 3D

Earlier this month, when I still had what resembled "a life," my best friend "M" and I went to see our favorite movie in 3D. That's right...for a limited time only, one of the greatest films ever made --- Jurassic Park --- was re-released in theaters...but in 3D!
For as long as I can remember, Jurassic Park has been one of my all time favorite films ever. I have lost track of the number times I have watched it and frankly, I could probably act it out by now. What is it about this film? The fact that it's cloned dinosaurs living on an island off the coast of Costa Rica? The science? The story? The acting? Frankly, I think it is all of the above! 

I mean, who could forget when Dr. Sattler and Dr. Grant saw their first dinosaurs after arriving at "Jurassic Park"? The genuine shock and joy...Alan Grant tearing up...Moreover, who could forget the music accompanying that uber dramatic scene?!
Or....what about when John Hammond and his guests make their way to the lab to witness the miraculous science that was returning extinct dinosaurs to the 20th century?!
Or...when things went wrong in the park and the dinosaurs realized that they could do as they please....
Or...who could forget this wonderfully awkward shot of Jeff Goldblum, shirtless, in the his "sex symbol GQ" pose? 
Gosh, I am ready to watch this movie again! I read the book and loved it, and frankly, I think the thing that I love the most about Jurassic Park is just the creativity of the story. I mean, sure it's fiction, but how far fetched could it be? Ok, now I know some of you may be rolling your eyes right now, but you know what, I don't see why the science in this film couldn't work in real life. I have always felt that the logic of using DNA found in mosquitos petrified in amber makes sense!!! I mean, who knows...maybe this DOES exist, and we just don't know it...

My other truly favorite thing about Jurassic Park is definitely Jeff Goldblum's character, "Dr. Ian Malcolm." He is essentially like the rock star of the mathematics world; he has the attitude and look of a hip rocker, rather than a brilliant math guy. His characters has the best lines in the film, in my opinion. My particular favorite quote is his response on learning that all of the dinosaurs at Jurassic Park are female. Malcolm responds, "does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?" CLASSIC.

While all that is great and all, I think the BEST part of watching Jurassic Park in 3D was the velociraptors. I learned that whilst raptors are pretty darn scary in 2D, they are much scarier in 3D! They had me at the edge of my seat gasping the whole time!!! At one point, I got so scared of the raptor lunging at me, that I jumped in my seat! Yikes!
After weeks of just nonstop working and frustration, this is exactly what M and I needed. It was fun, adventurous, and just down right amazing! The one problem? How will I be able to watch this film when it isn't in 3D?!?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life