Delicious Oven Roasted Potatoes

I've never really made roasted potatoes before. I don't know why. Perhaps I thought they were hard? or I just couldn't be bothered to make them? I'm not sure.

Well, I was recently struck with a desire to try my hand at these delectable golden nuggets. First though, I needed to figure out a recipe and method of roasting potatoes. What did I do? Consult Gordon Ramsay of course!

Gordon's recipe is pretty straightforward. There was only one thing that stuck out to me and made me think, "what?"...SEMOLINA FLOUR. I bought this ingredient slightly skeptical, but let me say, Gordon was right! Semolina flour is key. It helps to make the potatoes extra crispy when you roast them. Totally delicious!

Gordon Ramsay's Roasted Potatoes:
- about 3.5 lb yukon gold potatoes
- 6 tbsp goose fat, if you have it. 
You can also use olive oil
- 3 tbsp semolina flour
- salt and pepper, to taste 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Peel and quarter the potatoes. 
2. Let potatoes cook in boiling water until soft, but not falling apart.
3. Drain the potatoes into a colander. While the potatoes are in the colander, cover with semolina. Gently toss potatoes to ensure everything is coated. 
4. On a prepared baking sheet, spread out potatoes. Cover with goose fat/olive oil.
5. Let potatoes roast for about 45 minutes, or until soft inside and crispy outside). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life