Getting Ready for July 4th With Patriotic Rice Krispies

This weekend is July 4th and in the USA, that means Independence Day! Everyone celebrates this holiday differently, but it usually involves fireworks, BBQs, and parties. For this July 4th, I will be spending it with my best friend E and her family in Brooklyn. She is hosting a small get together with friends and family. I am very excited! 

I don't want to be a rude guest, so I have offered to bring some goodies. E asked me to made a side salad, which I am more than happy to do, but I felt that wasn't enough. I did some internet searching and stumbled upon a very cute and tasty looking recipe on the internet. The recipe? Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats! I couldn't resist.

Since I won't have time to bake tomorrow and the party is on Saturday, I thought I'd get a jump start and try this recipe today. I've always wanted to make rice krispie treats, so this really was a perfect opportunity for me.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn just how easy this recipe was! It's not very labor intensive and it comes together rather quickly. The layers are really beautiful and are sure to make your guests smile! (I made a smaller test batch as well, and as you can see, this is a very patriotic dish!)

Ingredients:
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- 10.5 oz marshmallows
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- red and blue food coloring

Note: I doubled the recipe
Directions:
1. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. On a low heat, melt the butter in a pan. 
3. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows to the pan. 
4. Add the red food coloring to the marshmallows. How much red you add is up to you. Mix well.
5. Add the rice krispies to the pan. Mix well. 
6. Once your rice krispies are red and sticking together, place in your dish and make sure to pack it down.
7. Repeat the process of melting butter and mixing the marshmallows/rice krispies for the second layer, which will be white. 
8. And repeat the process with the final blue layer.
9. Once the rice krispies have cooled, feel free to slice them up and serve them to your guests! 

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life