Sawkill Farm Arrives at the Union Square Farmer's Market

Last Wednesday, I had the great pleasure of visiting the Union Square Green Market. The weather is starting to get warmer, so the farmers are back! Hooray! I always enjoy visiting the market and invariably leave with more than I intended to buy.

This recent visit was particularly special because I got to visit my friends at Sawkill Farm. I've written about Sawkill Farm in the past, but here is a little blurb about this awesome farm. Sawkill Farm is owned by the wonderful Michael and Kallie Robertson. They raise animals, all grass fed and pasture raised, and the quality of their meat is absolutely phenomenal! I believe that Sawkill Farm serves the best quality and tasting meat, and I highly recommend their products! Recently, Kallie has begun to make her own soaps, using animal fat, and she also makes chicken and beef stock from scratch. 
Kallie on opening day
Kallie's soaps
Sawkill Farm has fantastic eggs! ($7 a carton)
Chatting with a customer

I ended up staying with Kallie and schmoozing for about 45 minutes. We got to chat with customers, as well as catch up with each other's news. So much fun.

As predicted, I ended up buying lots of goodies from Kallie. Eggs, bacon, pork chops, and beef shanks --- oh my! I better get cooking!
My bounty

I am so excited that Sawkill Farm is now at the Union Square Green Market. They will be there all year round on Wednesdays, so if you want really delicious, grass fed, and pasture raised meat, look no further!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life