Afternoon Tea at the Crosby Street Hotel

A few weekends ago, I had the great pleasure of enjoying a spot of afternoon tea with my best friend, who is basically my sister, and her mother. Afternoon tea, when done properly, is my absolute favorite meal ever, but in Manhattan, it's hard to come by. 

When in London, I have my "go-to" afternoon tea spots and I am always eager to try new places. For me afternoon tea is always a highlight when I look back on my adventures in Britain. Although I love Manhattan, I have not been able to enjoy afternoon tea, like in England. I thought that Manhattan, being such a cosmopolitan melting pot, would have some good afternoon tea places, but I have been sorely disappointed. I've tried countless numbers of hotels, tea shops, British themed places…but I wasn't able to enjoy tea, like in London. That all changed when I enjoyed afternoon tea at the Crosby Street Hotel. 

My best friend (H) and her mother (Mrs. A), were gracious enough to invite me to tea and I was more than delighted to accept their invitation. They know how much of an Anglophile I am and they used to live in London, so we were all very much on the same page with regards to our love of afternoon tea.

The Crosby Street Hotel is located in SoHo on Crosby Street (surprise, surprise) and it's a rather sleek and modern looking hotel. I've walked past is countless number of times and always thought, "this place looks pretty cool." I didn't really get to explore the hotel, but it looked very modern and trendy.
The main entrance to the hotel
The lobby

On entering the lobby, I immediately turned left, towards the dining room, where afternoon tea was being served. I was instantly struck by the colors, contrasting textures, and vibrant artwork. Very cool.
I must say, I rather enjoyed my afternoon tea at the Crosby Street Hotel. It wasn't exactly like London, but it came pretty darn close! I opted for the hotel's signature blend, which was a breakfast blend, reminiscent of English Breakfast. 

The tea was accompanied by a selection of yummy sandwiches and scones, as well as an impressive selection of delectable cakes. I enjoyed every morsel. I was particularly impressed with the scones, which were fairly sizable. They were very crispy and the outside and wonderfully soft on the inside. With the addition of clotted cream and jam --- absolute perfection!
Afternoon tea (taken from the hotel website)

All in all, a very pleasant way to spend my Sunday afternoon. I absolutely love spending time with with H and Mrs. A. They truly are like family. It was fun partaking in girl talk, all whilst sipping tea! What could be better? I can't wait to come back to the hotel for more afternoon tea!

Note: All images, except for the very first one, were taken from google. I do not own these photos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life