The Crimson Sparrow --- Creative Eating Hidden Away in Hudson, NY

Whilst upstate, my parents and I ventured into the town of Hudson for dinner. Hudson is popular spot for those escaping New York City for a bit. It's filled with antique shops and lots of little bistros. It's great!

Over the past few months, my parents have started going to a cool new restaurant called "The Crimson Sparrow." According to my mom, it was recently named one of the best restaurants outside of New York City, and let me tell you, whoever said that was sooooo right! 

The restaurant it really low key and yet trendy. The food is essentially nouveau American, with a twist. The dishes are tapas size, delicious, and creative! This is foodie heaven. I loved the blending of flavors and ingredients. Pretty much everything had me raising my eyebrows with skepticism, but then I tasted each dish and my taste buds lit up with delight! So did my belly. Definitely my new favorite restaurant. I can't wait to go back!!! 

As per usual, the Snyders order a wide variety of dishes...almost the whole menu methinks! Everything was delicious. 
The menu
The outdoor sitting area, where you can see the kitchen
The interior
My gin-based pina colada cocktail --- it was VERY strong
Amuse buche from the chef: sweet potato with some shimeji mushrooms and chai
(sorry this came out so dark)
whole grain bread with raisins and mustard as well as FOIE GRAS BUTTER!
Can you believe that...foie gras butter!!! How will I ever eat normal butter again?!
fontina cheese with some candied fruit and roasted peanuts
sauteed octopus with spicy peppers and cauliflower
a poached egg wrapped with crab meat, breaded, and fried, served with salad on the side
cheddar cheese soup with fried cheese and ox tongue bacon
chicken liver and egg pate
roast lamb with peas and hummus panisse
black garlic pappardelle with a selection of sauteed shimeji mushrooms
deconstructed rhubarb tart
non-sweet banana cake with marscapone ice cream

Everything was absolutely delicious, but my favorites have to be the octopus, pappardelle, and the chicken liver pate. The octopus was so tender and flavorful, with a little kick from the spices. The pappardelle was out of this world! I couldn't stop eating it. I love garlic, so this dish was a winner for me! Finally, the pate was awesome. It was super rich and definitely decadent, but it was like heaven in my mouth. It was so so so creamy. A total treat!

The Crimson Sparrow is definitely an amazing restaurant and if you are a foodie, I highly recommend it! You won't be disappointed. In fact, I think you will feel like a kid in a candy store. ;D 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life