Moroccan Brunch

A few weekends ago, my friends and I decided to meet for brunch. We were all open to any sort of cuisine, so my friend "L" recommended a Moroccan restaurant near her apartment called "Cafe Mogador." This quaint little restaurant is located on 101 St. Marks Pl, in the East Village, and it was quite popular. There was an impressive waiting list. 

On first appearances, the restaurant is not particularly impressive, in fact, it's kind of forgettable. It's sort of run down, a bit of a hole in the wall...made me think of a country pub in England. Nice, but subtle. It's very rustic.

The first thing I ordered was Moroccan tea. Absolutely delicious. Moroccan tea fascinates me because it is everything I should hate. I detest herbal teas and I don't care for sugar in my tea either. For those who may not be away, Moroccan tea is essentially sweet mint tea. Perhaps this sounds like a strange combination, but it's rather delicious. Once I start drinking, I can't stop!
Beautiful pot of tea

For brunch, I ordered the "Morrocan Eggs." This is essentially a two poached eggs, spicy tomato sauce, roasted potatoes, and hummus. Simple, unimpressive, but delicious. I am quickly learning that Cafe Mogador is all about subtlety.  
I'll be honest, the food was tasty, but not extraordinary. My mind wasn't blown, but my stomach was happy. I certainly could make this at home, but it was still a nice change from cereal. Poor than the food though, I really enjoyed seeing my friends. Instead of freaking out overs studying or complaining about how we hate lab, we were able to gossip, unwind, and laugh...a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life