The Ivy: Chelsea Gardens

Before visiting Kensington Palace, I took my parents to The Ivy: Chelsea Gardens for a lovely brunch. As fairly frequent visitors to London, we have our favorite places, but I thought that it would be nice, on this trip, to try some different places. 

I'll be completely honest -- the only reason I knew of this restaurant was from my instagram account. A few days earlier, I was on my instagram and saw that Anthropologie (I'm a massive fan of this store) had posted a really stunning photograph of a restaurant, whose whole front was covered with flowers. As soon as I saw that photo and learned that the restaurant was in London, I knew I had to visit.
Although the really colorful and magnificent outside of this restaurant is a show-stopping experience, the interior is also quite nice. I found it to be very elegant, with earthy tones and garden-like furniture. It was almost like eating inside a very posh greenhouse.
The breakfast menu has a wide range of dishes listed. Everything from a full English breakfast to porridge to kippers to avocado toast. A very respectable menu. Very gourmet, accessible, and tasty.
Since I'm in London and my parents were visiting, dad and I opted for the tradition Full English --- can't really get that back in NYC --- whilst my mom went with the slighter lighter Garden Breakfast. As one would expect, my breakfast consisted of the proper fixings: baked beans, eggs, bacon, sausage, blood sausage, grilled tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, and toast. Although I find that I get more caffeine out of coffee, being in London, I enjoyed a pot of tea with my Full English and it was DELICIOUS! Really really really enjoyed it. Everything was cooked to perfection and full of flavor. My eggs were also a bit runny, which is just the way I like them.
We really enjoyed our brunch at the Ivy. This restaurant had a very pleasant atmosphere, the service was pretty good, and most importantly, the food was delicious! It's so nice to know that there is more to this place than just it's very flowery and colorful exterior. I can't wait to come back for lunch or dinner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life