Just A Casual Sunday Night Baking Brownies

Last night, my boyfriend and I baked brownies for his office. We thought it would be a nice treat, considering how hard everyone works and we had so much fun baking! Also, it should be noted, this was the first time he had ever baked brownies, so I was really excited to share this moment with him. 

My boyfriend is in the television business, a very demanding line of work. He works for the reality TV show "Southern Charm" and the time commitment is remarkable, at least in my opinion. I didn't realize how much effort goes into making a TV show, and frankly, I have a new found respect for television. 

I have become a fan of his show --- it has become my guilty pleasure --- and I have not missed an episode yet! It's one thing to just enjoy his show, but I also know what goes on behind the scenes and the amount of stress, time, and chaos that accompanies each episode. That said, this was my "thank you" to him and his co-workers, for all of their hard work. Without them, I wouldn't be able to watch my show on Monday night! 

I was so "in the moment" with this recipe, that I didn't take photographs, like I normally do. Sorry! Although I don't have step by step photos, I have posted the recipe that I used. I made these brownies once before and they were a hit. I love this recipe because the brownies come out very rich and chocolate --- basically, perfection. These brownies are also very easy and fast to make, which is always a plus. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! 

This recipe is slightly modified from "Blessings + Good Food." 

Ingredients:
- 10.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate (I used 1 bag of Ghirardelli chips)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1~2 handfuls of chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 300F. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with PAM.

2. Melt chocolate and butter via a "bain marie." Basically, sit a bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow the vapor to melt everything. Stir until both chocolate and butter are melted and well mixed. To see this technique, click link. 
3. Using a mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well.

4. Once the chocolate is completely melted, add a bit to the other ingredients and whisk vigorously. This will temper the eggs. 

5. Once batter is tempered, incorporate the rest of the chocolate. Whisk to combine. 

6. Once all of the ingredients are combined, add the flour and mix well.

7. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and top with chocolate chips.

8. Bake brownies for about 45 min. To check if the brownies are ready, insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, your brownies are done.

9. Once the brownies are done, remove from oven and allow to cool. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life