Rice to Riches: A Rice Pudding Paradise

(37 Spring Street, Manhattan)

A few weeks ago, I attended an art gallery opening event with my parents in downtown Manhattan. The exhibit was about Rembrandt and while it was interesting, it was not the highlight of my night. As we were walking towards the art gallery, I noticed that we were around the corner from a rather impressive rice pudding shop called "Rice to Riches." I'd been there once before many years ago and remembered being amazed by it. I told my parents that after we were done with the art gallery, we had to make a stop at Rice to Riches for dessert.

Sure enough, after the Rembrandt exhibit, I led the way to Rice to Riches. This store is heaven for any rice pudding enthusiast. Much like an ice cream shop, there is a counter and it is filled with dozens of flavors. Chocolate, banana, tiramisu, etc… the selection is amazing and choosing a flavor can be a challenge!
I opted for the banana flavor, which was absolutely delicious, but it was a little too rich for my taste. After only a couple bites, I was pretty sated. Too bad the portion was wayyy to big. Although I ordered a small single flavor portion, my rice pudding could have easily fed two~three people!
What an absolutely brilliant way to end the night. I got a bit of culture with the art exhibit, but also go to indulge my sweet tooth and enjoyed yummy rice pudding! 
Some cute stickers for sale

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life