Summer Meals


Despite not having a lot of time to blog or cook super elaborate meals, this summer, I still managed to eat well and keep myself going! In fact, if it weren't for the delicious foods, I think this summer would have been completely miserable and I would have gone crazy! Here are some highlights of meals that I enjoyed this summer! (Recipes will likely come in the future for all of these, if I haven't written about them already.) The pictures are a mix between home cooked meals and restaurant meals. 
Seared Scallops with a Greek Salad (feta, cucumber, olives, and olive oil) 
with a glass of chilled Chardonnay 
Moroccan Chicken on a bed of Quinoa
Miso-Orange Juice Glazed Salmon with a Gratin of Roasted Vegetables
Lobster! 
(This was my parents doing.)
Fried mackerel (aji) bones, ebi sushi, and ika uni
(Just a small selection from the sushi feast I enjoyed with my parents at our favorite sushi restaurant near our home). 
"Skinny" chicken korma
Homemade Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Ricotta Cheese.
(we had HUGE zucchini flowers growing in the garden)
Dutch Oven Chicken
Stir Fry of Pork Chop, Heinz Tomato Beans, and Onions
Pork Chop with Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Mash
Crabs "Italian Style"
"Welcome Home" Blueberry Pie for my Mom, who was in Japan for 3 weeks

Real Wagyu from Kobe. 
The most amazing thing I have ever eaten! It was so flavorful and butter soft!!!
Uni and Ikura Donburi
Pizza Casserole
(I made a lot so that I could freeze most of them)
Ratatouille with Ground Turkey
(Ratatouille Bolognese) 
Friday Night Crabs with a glass of Red Wine
(Family tradition during the summer)
Highlights from a rather delicious and eclectic dinner at home.
Zucchini flowers, torero (grated mountain yam) soba, and smoked mackerel and salmon. 
Whole Oven-Baked Branzino with some Steamed Broccoli Dressed with Soy Sauce/Sesame Oil
Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
Cold Soba Noodles with a small Pork Katsu Donburi
Coconut and Dark Chocolate Gelato
Shaved Ice (かき氷) with matcha, adzuki beans, and condensed milk.

As you can see, the summer wasn't a total loss. Even though studying organic chemistry was miserable at times and it prevented me from being a social human being, I still managed to treat myself to delicious meals! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life