Homemade Beef Meatballs

A few weeks ago, before my classes were in full swing, I had a bit of time on my hands, so I thought I'd make something real yummy, healthy, and filling. After staring at my pantry, fridge, and the internet for inspiration, I settled up ratatouille pasta with meatballs. Weirdly, I've never made my own meatballs, although I enjoy meeting them, so I was really excited for this new experience. I looked at a couple recipes, to get a sense of how people make meatballs, but in the end, I sort of just winged it and did my own thing. (You'll notice, I didn't put measurements of spices because I didn't measure --- I just went with gut instinct mostly). 

I am delighted to report that not only were these meatballs very easy to make, they turned out really delicious! I may have to make another batch soon, some which I will eat now and then freeze the rest. So convenient to have! 

Ingredients:
- 1 package ground beef
- 1 egg
- about 3/4 breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
- whatever spices you like
(I used Italian herbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder)
Directions:
1. Add the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, spices, and cheese together in a bowl and mix well. 
2. Take small pieces of mixture and roll into meatballs. You can make them big or small, like mine. 
3. Spray a frying pan with cooking oil and set to medium. Let the pan heat up.  
If you plan to cook later, cover plate and let meatballs sit in fridge.
4. Once your pan is hot, add meatballs and let them cook. You may have to flip them and such to ensure that all sides brown and that the meatballs fully cook. 
And that's all there is to it! So simple and really yummy. I couldn't stop eating these meatballs, even though they were really filling! You can add these to pasta, eat them on their own, or maybe even make a meatball sandwich!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life