Exploring London: Charing Cross, Trafalgar Square, and Westminster

About two weeks ago, before my classes started, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful London weather and do some exploring. I knew that I wanted to visit the National Portrait Gallery, but rather than go there directly, I thought I would sort of wander, take in the sites, and eventually end up there. At around 10 am, I left my flat in Southwark and casually strolled towards the National Portrait Gallery, located near Trafalgar Square. My walk took me about 45 minutes, but it was very pleasant. 
Interesting drinks stand that I passed on my way to the bridge
Hungerford and Golden Jubilee Bridge

After crossing the Thames, I found myself at Charring Cross. Such a beautiful train station with really stunning architecture! It was still a bit early and the weather was so splendid, I decided to keep walking. I made my way to Trafalgar Square, a mere stones throw away from Charring Cross, walked down towards Westminster, and took lots of photographs of Parliament and Big Ben. Very touristy, I know, but I couldn't help it! After walking around Westminster, I made my way back to Trafalgar Square and went to the National Portrait Gallery. 
Charring Cross
Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery
Horse Guard
Big Ben and the London Eye
Panoramic shot of Parliament 
Walked by Westminster Abbey 
Love this photograph! Perfect summation of London. 
Statue of David Lloyd George in Parliament Square 
Statue of my man, Winston Churchill, in Parliament Square
On the Thames looking at the London Eye
10 Downing Street
Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery 
Mr. Bean and Teddy
The National Gallery
Panoramic shot of Trafalgar Square

As you can see, I saw a lot that day and took a lot of photographs. I couldn't have asked for nicer weather and I am so happy that I was able to just walk around and enjoy London. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life