Chicken Lettuce Cups --- Healthy and Delicious

Tonight, I wanted to try something very different, but still healthy. I was in the mood for chicken, but I didn't just want to bake or sauté it --- I wanted a new recipe. I always really love lettuce cups, but I've never made it! That all changed this evening. This recipe was not only super easy, but incredibly delicious! A great family meal or quick weeknight dinner. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 

Ingredients:
- 1.5 lb ground chicken
- 3 ~ 5 garlic cloves (it is up to you)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- boston or butter lettuce head (for the cups)
- sliced carrots or cucumbers or whatever toppings you want
- hot sauce (I used a chili garlic)
Directions:
1. Slice the garlic.
2. Chop up the water chestnuts.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan. 
4. Cook the ground chicken until brown. 
5. Whilst the chicken is cooking, chop up the scallion. 
6. Grate your ginger. 
7. Once the chicken if fully cooked and slightly browned, add the sliced garlic. Let cook for a few minutes until the garlic starts to brown. 
8. Add the scallions, water chestnuts, and ginger. Mix well. 
9. Add the sugar. 
10. Add soy sauce and mix thoroughly 
Once your ground chicken mix is cooked, let sit for a few minutes and take off heat. Whilst your mixture is cooling, prepare your lettuce cups. Spoon mixture into lettuce and top with whatever you like. I had some sliced carrots in my fridge, so I used those. I also topped my lettuce cups with hot sauce. Once plated, dig in!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life