Comfort Food

Sometimes, all you need is comfort food to get you through your studious endeavors.  My mom is Japanese, so growing up, I ate a lot of Japanese food. In fact, I still eat a lot of Japanese food, as it is my cuisine of choice. 

This week, I have been studying furiously for my final exam, so I didn't really have time to cook. Right around the corner from my apartment is a small Japanese restaurant. The food isn't too bad and its really convenient. I really like their "dinner bento box," because you get to pick and choose your dinner and it only costs $19! What could be better than that? 

For dinner, I selected: spicy tuna roll, sashimi, vegetable tempura, and spring rolls. The bento set also comes with a small salad, miso soup, and rice. Yum yum yum! Sure a full belly made me a wee bit sleepy, but such a wonderful culinary reward made studying more tolerable.
My dining experienced was made even better with an accompanying episode of my beloved, "Monty Python's Flying Circus"! Monty Python just makes everything better, methinks. 

Oh! For people who may be interested, this is the dinner bento box that I ordered last time time. Spicy tuna roll, pork tonkastsu (fried pork cutlet), sashimi, and shrimp shumai. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life