Homemade Kale Chips - A Healthy Alternative to Potato Chips

When I go grocery shopping or look for recipes online or just read anything food related, I'm bombarded by the image of one ingredient: KALE. It's everywhere and it's being hailed a super food. That's great and all, but I will freely admit, I don't love kale. This may be blasphemous, since I do know many people who swear by this leafy green, but I am just not a huge fan. It's ok. I don't love it. 

That said, I have been craving potato chips, but I know they are fattening. My solution: kale chips! I see kale chips everywhere. I've bought them and they are ok, but not great. I find that the chips I buy tend to be over seasoned, which leaves me underwhelmed. Also, the kale chips I buy tend to be really expensive! I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my own chips.

I was pleased by how easy these chips are to make and how delicious they came out! If you are like me --- craving chips, but want a healthier option --- I recommend this recipe!

Ingredients:
- about 4 cups of kale 
- 1~2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of garlic powder
(Honestly, what seasonings you use is up to you!)

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 300F. 

2. Wash your kale and remove hard stems.
2. Once your kale is washed and dried, cover with olive oil. Toss it evenly coat all of the kale. 
3. Once your kale is coated, add your seasoning(s). 
4. Spread out the kale on a prepared baking sheet. Let the kale bake for about 30 minutes.
5. After about 30 minutes, hopefully your kale will be nice and crispy! (Note: they will shrink)
Et Voila, homemade kale chips! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life