Impromptu Visit to the Union Square Green Market

Last week, I was on my way home from my biochemistry lecture when I paid an impromptu visit to the Union Square green market. I was overdue for grocery shopping so this was very convinient! To be honest, I was also a little surprised to see the market active on a monday morning…I always thought the green market was a weekend thing! Well, eager to see what goodies I could find, I began to explore the market. 

Since it is autumn, the apples are abundant! So many colors, tastes, and varieties. Every stall was overflowing with apples! Honeycrisps, Fuji, Gala,….so many to choose from!!!
Lots of vegetables and wonderful produce to choose from as well. Greens, turnips, butternut squash, broccoli…I had a lot to choose from! Dinner was starting to look delicious.
I've never personally purchased seafood from Union Square, but I know that this stall is somewhat famous and reputed to sell really good quality fish!
Cute maple syrup stand
School trip to the green market
Yummy bakers!
At the end of my trip to the market, my hands were full of groceries. I bought salad, broccoli, shishito peppers, and a bunch of apples. I had so much fun admiring everything the market had to offer and fantasizing about what I can cook with said groceries. Visiting the green market is one of my favorite activities and I really must do this more often!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shalom Japan: It's Me, on a Plate!

Gordon Ramsay's Cheesy Potato Dauphinoise

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Where Greek Mythology Comes to Life